Looking for a homemade, healthier treat that you can make with the kids this Easter? Try these delicious Rice Crispy Choc Treats! They’re refined sugar free and have an added, natural, energy boost with Spirulina! They’re also vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
250g dark chocolate
2 tbspns coconut oil
2 tbspns date syrup or paste
90gm puffed brown rice
150gms dried apricots, chopped finely (extra for optional decorating)
2 tspns Lifestream Spirulina Balance or Boost
2 tbspns ground flaxseed or LSA
1. Place cupcake cases on a board or plate.
2. Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3. When it’s almost melted add the date syrup/paste and coconut oil. Continue heating until combined.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the puffed rice, apricots, flaxseed/LSA and Lifestream Spirulina. Mix until everything is coated with chocolate.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, pressing down with the back of a teaspoon. (Optional-decorate with a thin slice of apricot).
6. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes. Will store for 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe created by Karin Spicer N.D., Lifestream Naturopath.