These are no ordinary wraps! Packed full of goodness, including Spinach and Organic Spirulina Boost, they are not only nutritious but tasty too. A great way to add some extra nutrients (without the kids knowing) for a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. You could even have some for lunch the next day!
Recipe created by Karin Spicer N.D – Lifestream Naturopath
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 cup Flour (Buckwheat for gluten free option)
2 Tbspn ground Flaxseed
2 Tbspn Sesame seeds
½ tsp Lifestream Spirulina Boost
1 tsp ground Coriander
½ tsp ground Cumin
1 tsp. Himalayan salt
1 bag 120g Baby Spinach
3 Tbspn water
4 Tbspn Olive Oil
1 medium Egg
Flour to dust
1. In a saucepan, add the spinach and water, bringing to a small boil,
covered. Allow to wilt for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
Place in a blender with Olive oil and egg, and mix until smooth.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the spinach mix into the flour mix. Add 1 tablespoon of water if the flour mix is too dry. If too sticky add a tablespoon of flour at a time until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Create 6 equal-sized balls. Dust with flour then roll flat between two pieces of parchment paper.
4. Heat the tortilla for 1-2 minutes on each side until nice brown spots develop.
5. Place on a plate covered with a clean tea towel.
Filling: You can fill these tortillas with a wet or dry filling of your choice. For example, roasted vegetables, hummus, salad greens, avocado, grated carrots, cheese, nuts or seeds; the choices are endless!