The last few years have seen the humble Turmeric root go from a golden spice used traditionally in cooking for flavour and colour to the elevated heights of a powerful “superfood.” Turmeric contains a group of key active nutrients called curcuminoids, the most potent of these being Curcumin.
Research shows that Turmeric has amazing benefits for our digestive health and total body wellbeing. The key active in Turmeric; Curcumin, is a powerful antioxidant known for its many health benefits including helping to support gastrointestinal health.
5 ways Turmeric can support your digestive health:
- Helps balance good bacteria in the gut for a healthy microbiome, which supports optimal digestion.
- Supports healthy bowels and digestive comfort, including helping to calm excessive flatulence in the gut.
- Supports healthy levels of mucus in the gut which protects the lining of the digestive tract from gastric acid and other irritants.
- Provides antioxidant protection for our liver. A healthy liver supports digestion and natural body cleansing.
- Supports the gallbladder to produce bile salts which help to break down fat in our diet so it is easier for the body to turn it into energy. The bile salts also aid with the absorption of the Turmeric.
New Lifestream Biogenic® Aloe Vera with Turmeric Tonic combines the soothing properties of Aloe Vera, organically grown and sustainably sourced from 100% pure inner leaf gel, with HydroCurc® Turmeric to provide an extra strength digestive tonic. HydroCurc® Turmeric is a unique, water dispersible form of Turmeric, with 85% curcuminoids, and scientifically researched LipiSperse® technology to increase bioavailability and absorption.
By Lifestream Naturopath Karin Spicer N.D