A delicious summer treat for after dinner, the slightly unusual mix of ingredients provides a delightfully delicious and easy to make dessert. With all the goodness of avocado, chia seeds and tasty strawberries it will have you coming back for more!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Assemble: Time 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes fridge time
Makes 4 puddings
Recipe created by Lifestream Naturopath Karin Spicer N.D
BERRY CHIA INGREDIENTS
2 cups coconut milk
¾ cup chia seeds
1 cup strawberries plus extra ½ cup for decoration
2 heaped tablespoons Agave or Date syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
4 teaspoons Lifestream Essential Berries
1 pinch Himalayan salt
1 “grind” worth black pepper
1. Place all ingredients, except the chia seeds, in a blender and
blend till smooth.
2. Tip into a bowl, add the chia seeds, stir.
3. Put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
WHITE CHOC AVOCADO MOUSSE INGREDIENTS
2 ripe avocados
200gm white chocolate
Zest of a lime
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 basil leaves
½ cup low fat cream cheese, or coconut milk
½ teaspoon Lifestream Spirulina Balance or Boost
Mint leaves for decoration
1. Break the chocolate into a bowl and place bowl over a pot of
simmering water to melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool for
2. Half the avocados and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh into
a blender or food processor. Add the lime juice and zest, basil, cream
cheese (or coconut milk), and Lifestream Spirulina powder. Blend till
smooth. Add the chocolate, blend again.
ASSEMBLING THE PUDDING
1. Spoon the Berry Chia pudding into a short glass or dish – ½ fill.
2. Layer fresh sliced strawberries.
3. Spoon in a layer of the White Choc Avocado mousse – fill to top
4. Decorate with mint leave and half a strawberry sliced.
Refrigerate till ready to serve.