Looking for a comforting winter treat with an added antioxidant boost? Try this Apple Crumble recipe with our special Super Berries yoghurt topping. You can use any in season fruit instead of apples; for example, feijoas, tamarillos or rhubarb.
Serves: 6-8 people
Prep time: 25 minutes
Gluten free option, dairy free, vegetarian/vegan
6 NZ Braeburn or Gala apples
2 heap tablespoons Date syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons of water
¾ cup of rolled oats (Gluten Free if required)
¾ cup of buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut oil
Super Berries Yoghurt sauce:
2 teaspoons Lifestream Super Berries
1 pot of plain coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and slice the apples, place into a pot with the date syrup, cinnamon, ginger and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes to soften slightly, stirring occasionally. Tip into a medium-large ovenproof baking dish.
- Mix oats, flour, cinnamon, sugar and coconut oil together in a bowl. Sprinkle over the cooked apples in the dish. Bake in the oven for approx. 30 minutes- till the top is golden brown
- Mix Lifestream Super Berries into the yoghurt.
- Serve apple crumble into a bowl, top with berry yoghurt sauce.
Created by Karin Spicer N.D, Lifestream Naturopath